xxxlogofinal
email

Saturday 16 June 2012

The initial meeting...

I am more than happy to have an initial chat over the phone to offer non committal advice etc relating to your situation. Obviously you cannot rely or quote me on anything until you become a fee paying client – that is just how accountants and lawyers work - we are all the same.
I am more than happy to use your working name initially, BUT, once we meet and we decide that we can work together, then I need your normal name and address. I am obviously happy to prove to you whom I am once we meet. My status and ID can be verified real time online with my institute.

Why do I do this? Simple – I have to by law.


I am regulated by a UK Chartered Institute and apart from having to comply with their rules and regulations, I must also comply with the Money Laundering Regulations Act 2007. It’s dull and boring so don’t bother reading it – the main relevant bit is that I must see original photo ID and proof of address. I also have to issue a formal engagement letter which acts as a contract between ourselves.

If I don’t and my practice is subject to a routine paperwork audit, then I get in trouble – Simples.

Unfortunately no client is worth me loosing my business over, therefore if you are not willing to work this way then I suggest you find yourself a back street unregulated fool who calls themselves an accountant as all regulated accountants must do as I do.

Again, I have numerous clients who will vouch for my integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment